Search This Blog

It's Marketing not a meeting

By Hector Cisneros

Years ago, I was at a business luncheon, talking to several attendees about what I was planning for the upcoming year. It was the New Year, and we were talking about new products, growing our businesses and marketing. I brought up the subject of creating a word of mouth marketing campaign that I would deliver through my BNI chapter.



One of the people in our little discussion group immediately stated that he had heard of BNI and had attended a chapter meeting. This person felt that meeting was a waste time, required too much work and too much effort on his part.

My reply to him was simple. For me, BNI is not a meeting, its marketing! Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it. I told him that I prepare my message each week and practice it in advance. I told him how I make sure I get there early and make sure I have a set of predetermined questions I can use to engage my fellow net-workers in meaningful business conversations. I explained to him that I make sure I have a referral, a testimonial or bring a visitor every week to help build credibility with my fellow members. I also told him that after the event is over, I stay and network with other members, either in small groups or in a one to one setting.

He looked at me and said; "That sound like a lot of work". I looked him in the eye and said; "You know it not called Net Working for nothing. It's not called net sit or net eat or net talk about the game of the week. Its' Net Work, and you only get out of it what you put into it.”

I have heard many people say that word of mouth is the best form of advertising yet when it comes time to put for the effort to make it work for them most people only want to invest the least amount of time necessary and that why they fail.

Any endeavor worth its salt requires an investment of time, effort, learning and practice. Without these four payments, no endeavor will produce fruits. Word of mouth marketing is the same. It takes time, effort and practice to learn what to do so you can build a system that delivers results.

I have never seen a person fail, who has really taken the time and put forth a sincere effort to make word of mouth marketing deliver. When I query a person who says, "It does not work", those same people always tell me that, it takes too much time or requires too much effort.

Remember this, your BNI, Net Worth or Chamber event is not a meeting, its marketing. Approach it from a marketing point of view and you have the right attitude to aim for success. The only thing you personally need to add is time, effort, learning and practice. The rest will come to you by being consistent.

If you want to learn, more about word of mouth marketing join a local networking organization like The Chamber, BNI or Net Worth. Subscribe to this blog and you will receive fee articles that will lead you towards success. If you would like to learn how to create a comprehensive word of mouth marketing plan, read my new book, "60 Seconds To Success". It will show you how to do this in a set-by-set manner. Thanks for reading my opinion. I hope to hear yours. Post your comments or write me at hectortheconnector@websiteknowhow.com
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and for keeping the discussion going. If I can be of service let me know. Sincerely,

Hector Cisneros

Get your copy of 60 Seconds to Success

This book is not about a get rich quick scheme, its about how to be successful 60 seconds at a time.

You will learn how to use powerful words that compel and motivate people to action. You will learn my methodology on how to construct your messages so that your referral partners will be able to repeat and pass your message on for you.

You will also learn how to keep your message fresh so that your listeners will be compelled to hear your message, even after hearing it many times.

If this sounds interesting, read Dr. Ivan Misners testimonial. To check out the book, click on the link for the FREE pre-view copy.

Enjoy;

Mr. C.

My new Book

My new Book
60 Seconds to Success

Read the Testimonial

Read the Testimonial
Endorse by Dr. Ivan Misner and others